Excellent land and air connections
The region’s excellent land and air connections make Madrid Region an ideal destination for business triangulation between Europe, Latin America and the rest of the world.
- Madrid is the epicenter of Spain’s radial system of motorways and dual carriageways, which connects the region with the whole of Spain and its borders over more than 15,000 kilometers.
- Madrid is a maximum of six hours by road from any point in Spain.
- It is also the core of the largest logistics corridor area in Spain, with more than 38 million m2, where 75% of the logistics companies operating in Spain are located.
- The dry port of Coslada is located 10 minutes from the airport and connects with the main ports (Algeciras, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao) in a few hours.
- Madrid is the hub of the most extensive high-speed rail network in Europe and the second largest in the world after China.
- The high-speed network provides access to the main Spanish cities and the European network in less than three hours
- Madrid-Barajas airport is the second largest in Europe in terms of capacity, fifth in terms of passenger traffic and sixth in terms of cargo traffic.
- It is located 12 km from downtown with exceptional intermodal access and direct connection to the AVE network.
- It concentrates 25% of direct flights between the EU and Latin America, and provides direct access to 220 destinations in 74 countries.